New Creative Development Opportunities
'In Helvetica', Jan 2017
Gareth Hart, 'Infinitum', Aug/ Sept 2016
Hannah Raisin, 'Recall', May 2016
Gulsen Ozer, 'Dynamic', January 2015
Gareth Hart, 'Symphony of Strange', Aug/ Sept 2014
Applications accepted at any time downloadable information here
Gareth Hart Burrinja Cultural and Community Development officer Tues - Thurs
To apply, please address the questions below, and submit to Burrinja as PDF or word doc.via email, post or in person.
Burrinja In-Kind Development Support Application Questions
Key Person Contact Details:
What is your aim / desired outcome of this program? (max 150 words)
Brief Synopsis of project (max 200 words)
Names and roles of all artists involved:
Number of hours you anticipate requiring, and how you would allocate these hours: (i.e. 4 x 7 hour days, 10 x 2 hour sessions, etc)
Please outline any other specific support you hope to receive from Burrinja: (i.e. advice, support, etc):
Online links to relevant previous work or folio of creative practice:
Please email your application to Burrinja Cultural Centre, with 'Application for In-Kind Development Support' in the subject line.
Burrinja will endeavour to process all applications for support within 2 weeks of receiving this application.
Lead Questions to form acquittal / report at end of Development time
Name of artist / company:
How many hours did you use the Burrinja space during your Development:
Please describe how you used your time in the space:
What were the major outcomes, creatively, that this development time enabled?
What are your future plans for presentation and/or development of this work?
Any general feedback on this process?
In Helvetica, 'My Brown Paper Clouds', photographer Sabrina Testani, performers: Toni Main, Sara di Segna and Gene Holland
Burrinja In-Kind Development Support program
Burrinja is committed to working with artists, facilitators and creative practitioners, and has a range of in-kind support available to the Creative Industries.
Burrinja recognises that physical and financial access to space can be an issue for independent artists, and as such this In-Kind program revolves around providing rehearsal space to artists working within the Live and Performing Arts. The program is specifically aimed to support independent artists working on unfunded projects. If you are working on a project that has received financial support or funding, Burrinja’s spaces are available to hire at affordable and supported rates for not-for-profit and arts related purposes.
This program is designed to provide space to develop creative ideas leading toward public presentation. This is a program to support the creation of new work, not one to support ongoing studio practice. Burrinja does provide a range of ongoing studio hire to independent artists at subsidised rates. Please see our website for more details.
The support offered can be tailored and negotiated with artists, and is offered on a case by case basis.
What Burrinja can provide:- Access to subsidised studio space for creative development, during Burrinja’s quieter times and non-peak periods. The standard offer would consist of anywhere between 10 and 30 hours, to be negotiated with the artist. Burrinja reserves the right to amend access schedules on short notice.
- Advice and mentoring from the Burrinja Community Cultural Development Officer
- Advice and ideas on marketing and promotion from Burrinja’s Marketing Coordinator
- Basic marketing support with some information and listings on Burrinja website, social media and associated blog
- Support letters for further development or opportunities such as funding, touring, festival applications
Artists are expected to:- Provide a short acquittal/report at the end of the program (lead questions below)
- Provide Burrinja with a selection of photographs or video from the program, which may be used in Burrinja marketing, promotions and reporting
- Acknowledge Burrinja in any future print and online marketing for the project (i.e. posters, flyers, websites, etc), with the wording “This project has been supported by Burrinja Cultural Centre”, and inclusion of the Burrinja logo
- Treat Burrinja spaces with respect, leaving the space in the same condition it was provided
- Enter into an Agreement with Burrinja committing to the above expectations
- Be open to other possible avenues of support, such as performance outcomes at Burrinja